Sonoma County Fair Schedule
Sonoma County Fair – August 2019
UC Master Gardener Program of Sonoma County
Information and Demonstration Schedule
- 11am – 1pm – Saving Water in the Garden
- Master Gardener GardenSense specialists will be in the Courtyard to talk about how to reduce your water use in the garden. You can sign up to have a team of consultants come to your home to discuss landscape options that will
- 1pm – 3pm – All You Need to Know About Soil
- Come talk with Master Gardeners and learn what makes good soil for plants and how to improve bad soil. Learn the difference between compost and mulch and how to use them.
- 3pm – 5pm – Caterpillars Make Butterflies
- Master Gardener experts will talk about the magic of caterpillars and butterflies. Butterflies are losing habitat at an alarming rate. Learn what plants you should have in your garden to create better habitat for butterflies.
- 1pm – 3 pm – Landscaping for Fire
- Master Gardeners will Be in the Courtyard to provide information and answer questions on how best to prepare your landscape for potential wildfires. Learn the most important things you need to do to give yourself and your home a better chance.
- 11am – 1pm – Good Bug Hotels
- Master Gardeners will be in the Courtyard to explain how to attract bees and other beneficial insects (the ones that get rid of the bad bugs!) to your garden and provide them habitat and winter quarters so they stay to help in your garden.
- 1pm – 3pm – Easy-to-grow Succulents
- Master Gardeners will be in the Courtyard to demonstrate how easy it is to grow succulents. There will be a grow-your-own demo for kids, too.
- 3pm – 5pm – Worms, Worms, Worms
- Master Gardeners will be in the Courtyard to talk about the wonders of worm composting and regular composting. Come see how easy composting can be and how good it can be for your garden. Kids of all ages are welcome! Worms will be on hand.
- 11am – 1pm – Food Gardening Specialists
- Master Gardeners will be in the Courtyard to discuss edible landscaping and answer all your questions about growing your own food.