What to Plant This Month
WHAT TO PLANT THIS MONTH*
Please see the updated Vegetable Planting Summary for further information on individual veggies.
- LETTUCE, C, D/T, 50-60 days to maturity
- BUNCHING ONIONS, C, D/T, 50-80 days to maturity
- KALE, thru Nov, C, D/T, 65-75 days to maturity
- GREENS, assorted*, C, D, 35-45 days to maturity
- SPINACH, C, D/T, 40-50 days to maturity
- PEAS, C, D, 60-80 days to maturity
- CORN SALAD/MÂCHE, T, 80 days to maturity
- RADISHES, C, D, 20-60 days to maturity
- GARLIC, thru Nov, C, D, 120-185 days to maturity
C = cool season crops that grow best in soil temps of 60-65 degrees and air temps of 65-75 degrees.
W = warm season crops that grow best in soil temps of 65-80 degrees and air temps of 75-90 degrees and little cooling at night
W+ = warm season crops that need extra protection to keep them warm if planted early in season.
D = seed is usually sown directly in the garden
T = crops are usually planted from transplants
D/T = seeds can be planted directly into soil or transplants can be used