October in Sonoma County
- Reducing the Vulnerability of Buildings to Wildfire: Vegetation and Landscaping Guidance (UC ANR Publication 8695)
- The most recent webinar from UCANR on Wildfire Preparedness
- Our content on Firewise Landscaping
- Our YouTube playlist of Wildfire Preparation
- Resilient Landscapes Coalition
We are Officially in a Drought!
|There are many resources available on-line to help you navigate the drought. There are a variety of articles on our website and here are a few local websites as well:|
- Drought Management Guidelines
- Gardening in a Drought
- Growing Vegetables in a Drought
- Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership
- Tree Irrigation
- Weekly Watering Recommendations City of Santa Rosa
October is a good the time to plant garlic. Garlic is easily grown in Sonoma County and is a great choice for your winter garden beds. Click here to learn more.
Visit our Food Gardening web page for monthly food garden tasks and tips and food gardening articles.
Recent Facebook Posts
Master Gardeners are volunteers trained by the UC Davis Cooperative Extension.
Sonoma County Master Gardeners will provide environmentally sustainable, science-based horticultural information to all of Sonoma County’s population. We strive for diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization.
UCCE Farm Advisor: Stephanie Larson, County Director
SCMG Coordinator: Mimi Enright
The application for the 2022 Master Gardener training class is now closed.
New to Gardening? Click here.
|Succulent Sale thru end of October||10/28/2021|
|November Veggie Happenings - Zoom Talk||11/9/2021|
Sundays with Sue
Master Gardeners in Print
Check out our most recent articles:
The Press Democrat
Advice to Grow By » Master Gardeners
Garlic very easy to get started in October and Planting cover crops 10/16/21
Webmaster: Kim Roche
Website Editor: Website team
Food Gardening Editor: Open, master gardeners please apply!
Staff Photographers and Videographers:
Cie Cary, Electra de Peyster